It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 27, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 27, Book 13


What comes first, the compass or the clock? Before one can truly manage time (the clock), it is important to know where you are going, what your priorities and goals are, in which direction you are headed (the compass). Where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going. Rather than always focusing on what's urgent, learn to focus on what is really important. 

Author Unknown

At the end of the year we often review what we’ve done in the past year and begin to make lists for what we’d like to accomplish next year.  Setting priorities is important, lest we forget what is truly important in our lives.

When making resolutions we want to choose those things that really matter.  It takes a little thought and I’m one who doesn’t like to think a lot.  Very often I’m a doer and not a thinker and that gets me into trouble more often than not.  So I’m making it a priority to do some thinking before the New Year arrives.

I’m also going to revisit my bucket list.  You know the list of things you want to do before kicking the bucket.   Resolutions are one thing, but a Bucket List is different, it’s a bigger idea because it is more than just what I want to change, do better, or differently over the next year. The Bucket List is looking back at the end of your life and asking; what would you like to have accomplished before you leave this earth?

One of my blogger friends, Jack, put a question out there saying, Did you ever think you’d live to see 2014?  I think my answer to that one has to be no.  No I really didn’t ever think I’d see the year 2014.  But here it is just a few days away and I’ve a lot of thinking to do.

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I like the analogy of the compass and the clock. We all have a lot of thinking to do for the new year.

Chatty Crone said...

So what is on your bucket list?

jack69 said...

Funny thing, I am a little slow on the uptake, I have just lately realized what a Bucket list is. Of course I have heard the term for a few years now. I have got to actually start one.

But before that, thanks to you for a year of very good, positive entries to your Blog. I always get an idea or a smile, many times both.

We have just met Andy and Ada from Ohio in the last year. They too are great folks. we see them on and off all winter.
Love from Florida...

betty said...

I think it is neat you are going to revist your bucket list Ma! I think it is good to reflect and look back on what went right/wrong in the year behind us and see what we want to try to change in the new year ahead.

betty

JeanJournal said...

+(((( I believe that every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before...as the old hymn says...and 1913 will soon be gone...I just live one day at a time...I greet each new day with thankfulness! and 'knowing' that He walks with me, and He only tells us to FOLLOW HIM and our daily life will BE WONDERFUL! for we are all PREACHERS because our LIFE IS A SERMOM!...to lead others to JESUS! ~ JeanJournal IONL Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun