It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 24, Book 13



Some special thoughts for special folks on Christmas Eve

Somewhere across the winter world tonight
You will be hearing chimes that fill the air;
Christmas extends its all-enfolding light
Across the distance...something we can share.

You will be singing, just the same as I,
These familiar songs we know so well,
And you will see these same stars in your sky
And wish upon that brightest one that fell.

I shall remember you and trim my tree,
One shining star upon the topmost bough;
I will hang wreaths of faith that all may see --
Tonight I glimpse beyond the hear and now.

And all the time that we must be apart
I keep a candle in my heart.

Mary E. Linton, Candlelit Heart

I love this poem because it has such a heartfelt meaning to me.  There are  many friends and family far away.  

I have hung the wreaths of faith for all to see…

My heart will always keep you near, 

and I am keeping a candlelit heart.



There'll always be Christmas as long as a light
Glows in the window to guide folks at night,
As long as a star in the heavens above,
Keeps shining down - there'll be Christmas and love


Edna Jaques 

7 comments:

linda m said...

What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it. Merry Christmas to you. Blessings

jack69 said...

Very nice and a JOY!>

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS.
Stay warm, We actually feel a chill in the air as Sherry bakes some cookies. She bought the 'makings in a jar' from the girls at the church we attended Sunday. Just add butter and milk stir and bake.
(3/4 cup of BUTTER!)
Love from Sherry and Jack in Florida.

TARYTERRE said...

Merry Christmas!

JeanJournal said...

Merry Christmas OUR dear sweet ma! JeanJournal (Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun~~~~my daughter Diane and family came and so I am with them at their home for Christmas~~~

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas to you too. sandie

betty said...

That was a beautiful poem, Ma. I can see why you would find it so dear!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day!

betty

Carol Z said...

What a lovely post. Wishing you a bright and blessed Christmas!