It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 23, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 23, Book 13


My family celebrating Christmas 2013 this past Saturday at DS#3's house


O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant,
O come ye, O come ye, to Bethlehem.
Come and behold Him, born the King of angels;

Refrain

O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord.

Words: John F. Wade, cir­ca 1743. Vers­es 1-3 & 6 trans­lat­ed from La­tin to Eng­lish by Fred­er­ick Oak­e­ley, 1841; vers­es 4 & 5 trans­lat­ed by Will­iam T. Brooke (1848-1917).

O Come, All Ye Faithful is one of the oldest and most popular Christmas songs. It gained popularity at the turn of the century when Christmas caroling becamee a holiday tradition in communities around America. 

After weeks of preparation, it is my hope that many faithful people, myself included, will be able to open their hearts this Christmas to the true meaning of this holy holiday.  It’s not easy during these hectic days to remember just what it is all about.  The big celebration with my family is done and over and this week I’m thankful for the quieter days to have time just to pray and reflect.  

Turning the lights off except for my little Christmas trees and listening to Christmas music is a peaceful way to spend an evening here.  The danger in doing so is that I’ll probably get so relaxed that a good nap will probably be forthcoming.

But naps are good and a little extra rest is needed so maybe that is not a bad thing at all.

Remember to try and take a little time out just for you when it’s possible.  

O Come let us Adore Him!

5 comments:

jack69 said...

THIS IS A kEEPER.
I love the song, It is a favorite of mine and I can understand its popularity.
Sweet entry, yeah sometimes a nap is CALLED for.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS.

linda m said...

Merry Christmas to you. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

May you have a really blessed Christmas. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

You have a lovely family. And as far as I'm concerned NAPS are fine, anytime.

betty said...

Beautiful family, Ma! I didn't see you in the picture, so I'm thinking you took this one? But of course I know there's one out there with you in it! Loved seeing the newest grandchild too! Naps are always good things in my book!

betty