It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 22, Book 13


Just hear those sleigh bells
Ringing and jing ting tingaling too;
Come on its lovely weather for
A sleigh ride together with you.

Outside the Snow is falling and
friends are calling yoo hoo;
Come on its lovely weather for
A sleigh ride together with you.

Giddy Up, Giddy Up,
Giddy Up, Let's Go!
Just look at the show,
Were riding in a wonderland of snow.

Giddy Up, Giddy Up, Giddy Up
Its Grand, just holdin' your hand
Were riding along with the song
Of a wintery wonder land.

Our cheeks are nice and rosy and
Comfy cozy are we, 
Were snuggled
Upp together like birds of
A feather would be.

Just hear those sleigh bells
ringing and jing ting tingaling too
Come on its lovely weather for
A sleigh ride together with you.
Come on its lovely weather for
A sleigh ride together with you.

 Christmas Carol, Sleigh Bells Ringing

Sleigh Ride was composed by Leroy Anderson. 1948.  In 1950 Mitchell Parish wrote the lyrics to the song.

I like this song because it’s full of pep and energy.  Just jing ting tingling a way.  After such a busy week here at my house and then celebrating with my family yesterday, today I need anything that will perk me up and get me going.  Music can do that for me.  

This song makes me feel happy too.  Good times with family and friends are wonderful and it reminds me of just that.  It’s been raining here this weekend so no sleigh riding will be done, but they say it’ll get colder and snow here this coming week.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

iT IS A PEPPY SONG, I like it. I am surprised it is so young. 1948-1950 wow, I am older than that song.
Thanks, good post and timely.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU, from Florida, Sherry & Jack

betty said...

That is an upbeat song indeed! I am sure you are enjoying your Sabbath rest today, Ma, and enjoying thinking of the memories made yesterday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I have Christmas music on from Thanksgiving to New Years.

Rose said...

I love listening to all Christmas music. It is a feeling of joy!