It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 20, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 20, Book 13



Deck the hall with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
'Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Don we now our gay apparel
Troll the ancient Christmas carol,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
See the blazing yule before us,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Strike the harp and join the chorus.
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Follow me in merry measure,
While I tell of Christmas treasure,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Fast away the old year passes,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Hail the new, ye lads and lasses!
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Sing we joyous all together,
Heedless of the wind and weather,
Fa la la la la la la la la.


Deck the Halls is a traditional Christmas, yuletide, and New Years' carol. The melody is Welsh dating back to the sixteenth century, and belongs to a winter carol, Nos Galan, while the English lyrics date to 1862.


This is the time of year when all sorts of Christmas decorations and lights appear.  I love decorating and although I don’t do as much as I used to…I still do it.  

The old candle lights that I have in my window are getting very old now and every year when I plug them in I wonder if they’ll work or not.  While shopping I have looked for something new, but haven’t been successful.

I don’t think I’ll ever grow tired of the traditional red and green colors of Christmas.  They symbolize Christmas to me. Holly, pine and mistletoe are traditional and for me they are must this time of year.

I regret not having a real tree and the smell of pine radiating throughout the house.  But I’ve got some candles that do a good job.

Decked out is good, The halls of my house are as ready as they’ll ever be.  Sure I have dishes in the sink and laundry to do in the bin, but I have done what’s important to me.  Priorities matter and in this case…Christmas is what it is all about!



Never regret.
If it’s good, it’s wonderful.
If it’s bad, it’s experience.

Victoria Holt

6 comments:

Weekend-Windup said...

I made my own tune to sing the song. I love it.

Chatty Crone said...

I like the traditional decorations also. Regrets - I do have a few. sandie

jack69 said...

I like this one also. This was extra fun as a kid. I liked the fa la la la la la la la la! (smile)
I did not realize it was that old... Such a pleasure to read you daily entries and the readers comments...
SWEET!.

JeanJournal said...


I'm watching the movie IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE I love the part in this movie where the angel made him to never to been born and when he wanted TO BE ALIVE AGAIN ~~JeanJournal HEY yall THE BEST THING IN LIFE ~ IS TO BE ALIVE! ~~MERRY CHRISTMAS~~~

betty said...

Reading about your candle lights made me remember the angel we would put up on the top of our tree that lit up. Every year my mom too wondered if it would work or not (and I think it still does; it was too heavy for our artificial tree so I sent it to my sister who still puts up a live tree).

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I'm having trouble finding new candles for my windows too.