It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 13, 2013

Chapter 12, Page 13, Book 13




I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe 
and presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams,

I'll Be Home for Christmas is a Christmas song recorded in 1943 by Bing Crosby who scored a top ten hit with the song.  Words and music by Kim Gannon, Buck Ram, and Walter Kent, 1943, revised 1948.

Home and Christmas always seem to go together.  For a good many years I was blessed to have a large family at home and those days were filled with many good times.  Now the children are grown and have families of their own.

This Christmas we’ll be having a family get together, but not here at my house.  One of my son’s and his wife will host the celebration.  They are happy to be able to have everyone at their house.  I like the idea too as I’ll see how they’ve decorated.  I don’t get around to see many of my children’s homes at Christmas and this will give me an opportunity.  

I’ll be home for Christmas, but no one else will be.  I could be sad, but I’m going to be glad instead.  I’m happy that my children have their own homes and families and can open their homes and hearts to others at Christmas.

Home, after all, is where the heart is.

4 comments:

JeanJournal said...

We usually go out to eat at CRACKER BARRELL together a few days before Christmas~~~and I am alone on Christmas day~~~and that's ok~~~THE LORD IS ALWAYS NEAR no matter the day~~~ALSO~~~I have 'friendly' neighbors and we keep in touch daily~~~so really I AM NEVER ALONE~~~MERRY CHRISTMAS SWEET LADY.~~~jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun) HO HO HO

jack69 said...

I love Bing singing that. YOuare stirring a lot of memories as Christmas approaches, NICE!

Songs like that meant a lot to us since we were away from HOME most Christmases.

Yes. that is where the heart is...

TARYTERRE said...

My hubby and I will be alone for Christmas. But home is a good place to be.

betty said...

Home truly is where the heart is. It is good we have homes to be in, even if we are alone for the holidays. I do know you'll carry in your heart the memories of times spent before with family and this year's family gathering when you do it at your son's/DIL's house :)

betty