It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 24, 2013

For Sunday, November 24th, 2013


My Youngest Son and his Son mashing potatoes for dinner yesterday


The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse.  

Author Unknown


Living by myself I know for a fact that we can all get wrapped up in our own world, life, and problems to the point that we fail to see the needs of others. It’s easy when you are by yourself and don’t see many people day in and day out.  I guess that is why it so important that we keep in touch with those around us.  With all the online opportunities we have now there is really no excuse for not doing so.

Thankfully I do have friends and family that keep in touch and because they do, I have other things to think about and to do besides thinking about myself.  They mean the world to me.  And my world is larger too because of them.

Sometimes we think that because we don’t hear from someone, that they must not care.  But that goes both ways, I think.  It’s easy to write a note or call someone, it only takes a moment.  Sometimes it means we have to take the initiative.


Nothing costs as much as caring—except not caring.

My Thankful List - Day 24

1161. for a quiet Sunday to rest and relax
1162. for a family that shares and cares
1163. for leftover turkey

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone.  A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.  

Samuel Johnson

7 comments:

Rose said...

I agree, communication is very important between family and friends and so easy to do these days with emails and cell phones.

Great Post!

Barbara said...

A precious picture and a blessing to have one's family around.

Barb Pinion said...

You're right, Ma. It is to easy to forget others when one is alone. I am grateful for my computer, which enables me to keep in touch more than I could without it. Love the photo. Have an awesome day and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you but appreciate you too, very much.

jack69 said...

I enjoy the whole post, especially your thoughts.

But the quotes are special today also. Thanks.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the quote about caring and not caring.

betty said...

Love when little ones want to help! I bet those mashed potatoes were good. It is so important indeed to stay in touch and to communicate with each other, especially when someone might be going through a hard time

betty

JeanJournal said...

SO GLAD you post every day, ma, and always brighten my day with your 'wonderful' thoughts~~~Thanks for sharing~~~Hope you're having a blessed THANKSGIVING WEEK!~~~the kids are coming to my house on Thursday~~~HOORAH!~~~THEY are bringing THANKSGIVING DINNER!~~~Jean(Rome Georgia girl living in Rome)