It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 07, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 7, Book 13



Be grateful for the kindly friends that walk along your way;  
Be grateful for the skies of blue that smile from day to day;  
Be grateful for the health you own, the work you find to do,  
For round about you there are men less fortunate than you.

Be grateful for the growing trees, the roses soon to bloom, 
The tenderness of kindly hearts that shared your days of gloom; 
Be grateful for the morning dew, the grass beneath your feet,
The soft caresses of your babes and all their laughter sweet.

Acquire the grateful habit, learn to see how blest you are, 
How much there is to gladden life, how little life to mar!
And what if rain shall fall today and you with grief are sad;
Be grateful that you can recall the joys that you have had.


 Edgar Guest  

Memories are such wonderful things.  I’m thankful that for the most part my memories are all good ones.  I’ve had so many good friends, still do!  And lots of fun times with family and friends.  Even those memories of some of my worst times seem to have a positive ending in one way or another.

We will always have our memories and can treasure them each day.  I remember how great it felt when I had my first child, I remember the day I got married.  I can remember the first house we lived in and what a great feeling it was cooking for my husband.

I remember those that are no longer in my life and the good times we shared.  Some have moved away and some have died, but the memories are still cherished treasures. 

I think we never really loose those we love as there are right close by, deep in our hearts where they will be remembered always.  



My thankful list - Day 7

1109. for the best seat in the house, my rocking chair
1110.  for all the sweet ladies in my life, we know a woman’s work is never done.
1111.  for being a mom, no gift can compare




Make it a habit to tell people thank you.  To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return.  Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you.  Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.

 Ralph Marston  

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right about memories. They're what keeps us going.

linda m said...

Memories are something I cherish very dearly as in a lot of cases it is all I have left. It keeps me going. Blessings

jack69 said...

Thanks, with a grateful heart.

Oh and I love Edgar Guest, one of my most favorite poets. He knows how to say the way I can feel.

betty said...

So true about memories, Ma, and I think that is why it is also good to take lots of pictures of family events, etc., to help with the memories. And you are right, even the bad times there are often good times within them that make for wonderful memories.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Be grateful for your friends alright - I have lost 3 of the dearest friends ever and I miss them so much.

JeanJournal said...

(Thank you, Ma for your daily thoughts ~ which encourage~educate~and~inspire! ~You are such a good friend~and so faithful to post 'every'(I'm trying to post on my 2 blogs DAILY now ~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun)

JeanJournal said...

correction 'every' day ~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun...most of the time I don't notice a mistake...today I did. IONL