It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 04, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 4, Book 13


Be Thankful


Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to? 

Be thankful when you don't know something.
For it gives you the opportunity to learn. 

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow. 

Be thankful for your limitations.
Because they give you opportunities for improvement. 

Be thankful for each new challenge.
Because it will build your strength and character. 

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons. 

Be thankful when you're tired and weary.
It means you've made a difference. 

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. 

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.


Author Unknown 



Being Thankful - Day 4

It’s hard for me to be thankful for my limitations.  I’m not as young as I used to be, but still I’m not as old as I’m going to be either.  Still I find myself slowing down and everything takes longer than it used to.  

I suppose that is one way my limitations have become something I can be thankful for.  It’s in the slow lane that we have more time to look around and see the beauty and goodness every where and all around us.

On my thankful list today:

1100. for inventors that have made our lives safer and easier.
1101. For those that invest their time and money to make a better life for all
1102. for a few extra dollars to go shopping with


There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.

Ralph H. Blum  

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

So true we can learn from mistakes. Should be thankful for what that teaches us.

linda m said...

I am thankful God loves me. Blessings

jack69 said...

Thanks for a reminder of how important it is to be Thankful. We ARE thankful, but many times forget to just say THANKS for all the blessings... I am thankful for my sight and over all health....

Hollie said...

Lots of great things to be thankful for indeed!!

betty said...

I like those turkey cookie cutters, Ma. I remember having similar ones when I was growing up. I liked that poem about being thankful of things that might be considered set backs or harder things to deal with. It is good to be thankful in all things indeed, but sometimes we forget to be thankful during those times.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I just read someones blog on the girl who was kidnapped - Smart. And she said something like she was imprisoned like 307 months - 9 were terrible - but the other 298 were okay - is that positive thinking or what?