It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 30, Book 13



November comes
And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.

With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.

The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring.

Elizabeth Coatsworth



It’s the last day of November here and it has been a busy month.  I’m thinking that December will be just as busy if not busier.  It’s been very cold and we probably broke a record for having the coldest Thanksgiving in a long long while.  I had some grand times with my family this past week.  A new grandchild, Thanksgiving celebrations and a little family excursion too.  The pictures today are of two of my little grandsons, 3 years old, enjoying the snow.  It surely does warm my heart to see the little one having so much fun.  

Snow doesn’t give me much pleasure unless I’m inside looking out.  For me it means bundling up just to keep warm.  It’s like I gained 10 pounds just putting on the layers to keep warm.  I always seem to feel so much lighter when the warm weather comes.   I’m not complaining, just stating a fact.  I’ve lived in this part of the country most of my life.  I could have chosen to live elsewhere and this point in my life I’m sure I’ll stay right here as here is home.  Besides that this was a light snow, just a few inches.  There will be a whole lot more to come.




1178. Plenty of good warm clothing to wear
1179. for boots and wool socks that keep my feet warm
1180. for hats and scarves and mittens, wardrobe essentials for northern Ohio


6 comments:

Hollie said...

Awww, the grand babes are so precious playing in the snow!! As you know we rarely get snow! So, when we do it's a BIG DEAL for us!! Everyone rushes to the store for bread and milk for those bread and milk sandwiches!! LOL Of course, the snow might last a day if that long!! LOL I love watching it all the while being all warm and snug inside!

Have a wonderful day!!

linda m said...

Your grandchildren playing in the snow is so precious. Snow is something I consider pretty to look at but otherwise worthless. I've lived in WI most of my life and never learned to like the white stuff. Sure does seem like November flew by this year. Next thing you know it will be Christmas. Blessings

jack69 said...

I love the catchy poem by Coatsworth. I like a poem that rhymes and sorta bounces.
The kids are cute, youth and snow go together...
Love from Central Florida
Sherry & Jack

TARYTERRE said...

What sweet children. ENJOY!

betty said...

That was a cute November poem, all I can say about November was it sure went by fast!! Kids and snow, always a winning combination!!

betty

Jean said...

I wish we could have one white Christmas. Snow makes everything look so pretty and clean until it starts melting ☺. It doesn't snow much here the first snow that I remember seeing I was in the third grade in school. Pretty pictures of the grandchildren playing in the snow.