It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 29, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 29, Book 13



Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space.  It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe.  It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished.  

Michael Strassfeld

We live with so much light around, it's hard to imagine a world in total darkness. We are used to everything being illuminated.  Even at the midnight hour the street light outside brightens up the night here at my house.

Getting out of bed in the morning is, for a lot of people, the single hardest thing they do each and every day. There have been times I’ve been like that.  I have dreaded starting a new day.  Thankfully, I’m no longer like that. I dreaded a new day because of all the work I had to do.  I dreaded a new day because I knew I’d have to deal with some very unpleasant people.  I dreaded a new day because when I woke up the man I loved wasn’t there beside me anymore.

But there is just no denying the sunrise. Sooner or later, summer or winter, Daylight Savings Time or not, the morning illumination is going to impose itself on all of us. We have to make a choice, to live like the night will never end, or accept the reality that the daytime has arrived.

I know now that there is nothing to dread.  There is everything to be hopeful about.  Starting a new day is more like Christmas morning for me because I’ve discovered there is so much to be thankful for and I want to find out what this new day has in store.

It’s all about having an attitude of gratitude.  It can really change your life.  Looking on the Bright Side of life can work miracles and I’m here to say, I’ve lived it and proved it works.  

My Thankful List - Day 29


1175. for the people in my life that are no longer with us
1176. for the JOY in my heart that never fades
1177. for the bright spots in every day

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. 

Anthony J. D'Angelo

6 comments:

Rose said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Yes, I agree, you have to bring your own sunshine wherever you go and no matter the weather.

Happy Friday!

jack69 said...

Well said, and trust you had a great Thanksgiving. It is a good thing when we learn to accept 'The DAY'

Love from Florida and have a great weekend....

linda m said...

Well said. Every day is a new gift from God and we should embrace it. Blessings

betty said...

So true about living in gratitude and trying not to live in dread. I try to remember how many times throughout the Bible it is written "Don't be afraid" even though sometimes it is a challenge not to be.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Colonies :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Sunshine brings life. So true.

Hollie said...

So true!!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!