It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 27, Book 13



Finding Inner Peace...

This is the time of year when things begin to get just a little hectic here at my house.  All holiday planning, and family commitments can leave me feeling scattered and plain old tired out. As the festivities approach, I feel compelled to do more and more, and risk losing my center of peace.  

I think that for me the preparation for any holiday is half the fun and I don’ t want anything or anyone to take away my peace.

So when I feel overwhelmed by demands, I try to find some relief by taking some time out for prayer and meditation, bringing back my inner space of peace and calmness. This is a way I can prepare myself to let go and enjoy the true meaning of the season.

This coming Sunday the season Advent begins and for me that means taking some time out every day to prepare for Christmas. Here on my blog starting Sunday, I hope to be able to share a little Christmas carol or hymn each day and will continue to do so throughout the month of December.  So take warning…

The Advent Virus is coming…

Be on the alert for symptoms of inner HOPE, PEACE, JOY AND LOVE.

The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to this virus and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.

Some signs and symptoms of THE ADVENT VIRUS:

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
A loss of interest in judging other people.
A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
A loss of interest in conflict.
A loss of the ability to worry. This is a very serious symptom.
Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
Frequent attacks of smiling.
An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.

Prepare in Peace,
Prepare in Hope,
Prepare in Joy,
Prepare in Love.

My Thankful List - Day 27


1169. that DS#5 and his beautiful family can be home together for Thanksgiving
1170. for snow on the ground, but not too much
1171. for mac and cheese, the grands all love it!

4 comments:

linda m said...

Right now I sure could use some inner peace. We are in the process of moving and it is so hectic around my house, what with all the boxes and confusion. I do try very hard to set aside some time for my daily devotions which does calm me down. Thank you fro reminding me about the great benefits of doing this. Blessings

betty said...

I like that Advent Virus, Ma. It can be so easy to get overwhelmed this time of year with all that needs to be done. I think you have the right idea when you start feeling that way to take time away and rest, relax, meditate, and pray. It all does get done too, doesn't it?

betty

jack69 said...

You have a succinct way of expressing the feelings of many. Your answers are always spot on.
Love from a windy cool Florida, but still nice. PEACE!

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Enjoy!