It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 26, Book 13



In order to be irreplaceable,
one must always be different.

Coco Chanel

I think we are all irreplaceable because each and everyone of us is uniquely and wonderful made.  There are no two of us alike.  I don’t think we need be anything other than ourselves.  We don’t need to try to look like others by dressing they way they do.  We don’t need to act like others just to be popular.  We don’t need to do anything but be our own person.  Each of us has something in us that makes us valuable in our own right.

Thankfully we do not all look the same or do the same things.  Every person has something different to offer and we need to value ourselves for who we are and what we do.  The lowliest job in the world is just as important  as the highest paid job.  From scrubbing floors to being a King, we all have important work to do.

The thing we need to remember is to do everything the best we know how.  

I have a large family and although they were all raised the same way, lived in the same place and even wore some hand me downs, they turned out to be their own unique persons.  It doesn’t really matter where we come from or what we wear.  Each of us has qualities to be admired and appreciated.

Today I’m thankful for all the irreplaceable people in my life.

My Thankful List - Day 26

1166. for the stories that never grow old
1167. for all my grandchildren
1168. for reminders, they help us keep on track


You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. 


Pablo Casals 

5 comments:

linda m said...

You really "hit the nail on the head" today. I am thankful to be me. I am who I am and I love being me. Uniqueness in people is what makes this world great and interesting. Thank you for a good topic today and may God bless you.

jack69 said...

Yes, each human is unique. It is too bad many do not realize that and try to emulate someone else.
Thanks.... We all need the insight you have shown here.
Because we are special, each of us.
SWEET

betty said...

I am glad we are all unique in our own way; I think if we were all alike, life would be so boring, right??

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Being individuals and unique is what makes the world go around.

Chatty Crone said...

I like that quote by Coco Chanel. I do think we are all unique in out own ways. Happy Thanksgiving girl.