It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 25, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 25, Book 13



Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience:  this is the ideal life.  

Mark Twain

One of my favorite things to do is to read.  I’ve had a life long love affair with books .  They are definitely one thing I need to remember to be thankful for.  There is not a day goes by that I’m not reading something.  Reading a good book is like taking a mini vacation. Your attention is absorbed and for a while you forget about everyday challenges.

A good book naturally gives you a moment to relax and forget. It takes you away to another land where your imagination has no limits.  I have always thought that books were better than any of the movies they make from them.  When we read our imagination plays a big part in how the people look and act and about how everything looks.  Since I’ve developed my own idea about how those characters act and look the movie never seems as good at all.

So today I’m thankful books that give our imaginations a chance to explore new worlds.  Without imagination a lot of things would never happen at all.  It takes an imaginative mind to develop new things.


My Thankful List - Day 25

1163. for a new week to give thanks
1164. for all the wonderful people in my life to say THANK YOU to.
1165. for a little warmer temps today, I believe we go above freezing

5 comments:

linda m said...

Reading always has been and will aconite to be my favorite pass - time. So many places to visit and so many adventures to be enjoyed thru reading. Blessings

jack69 said...

When I think how many years I wasted 'NOT' reading for pleasure, I realize now that I have a world of reading from years past that has never gotten old waiting on me. And it has become so enjoyable.
THANKS

TARYTERRE said...

Books are a joy for sure. I can't imagine what I would do without my reading too. A wonderful thing to be thankful for.

betty said...

I liked the quote from Mark Twain, Ma. I definitely am a reader and look forward to the time I can spend in a good book :) I too like to try to figure out how the plot will play out and what will happen to the characters.

betty

Weekend-Windup said...

I have no interest in reading books. After reading your post the way you have expressed the power of reading the book made me to think why can't i start to read books.