It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 22, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 22, Book 13

Every day's a perfect gift of time for us to use. Hours waiting to be filled in any way we choose. Each morning brings a quiet hope that rises with the sun. Each evening brings the sweet content that comes with work well done. 

Source Unknown

Time is one unknown quantity that is a subject of concern for many.  There are those that bemoan that fact that they don’t have enough time and there are also those that think they have too much time on their hands.

One thing I’ve learned, maybe two, is that we all have the time that has been allotted to us.  We all have the same 24 hours in a day as everyone else has.  It’s up to us to make the best use of the time we have.

I believe that each of us,  being who we are, with the gifts we have, and living in this time, did not happen by accident.  We were each born for such a time as this today, the present moment.

Time is one gift I’m thankful for and I try to make each moment count.  It’s always busy at my house, there is never a dull moment.  My days are filled with so much to do.  I may never get it all done, but today and everyday, I’m trying to do the best I can with what I’ve got.

I can set priorities and make lists of what I need to do, but those priorities can change in a flash so I’ve learned to be very flexible and savor the moments as they come.  So try not to bemoan or groan, time is a gift and when you know you’ve done your best, you need not regret any moment well spent. 

It may have not been to your plan, but plans were made the day you were born, for such a time as this.

My Thankful List - Day 22

1154. for the beauty in each day
1156. for those that make each gift special
1157. for all the blessings that come my way
And for you who may not already know…



My 19th grandchild arrived yesterday!  Mom and baby are doing just great!


Grand’ma’ doing her favorite thing…holding a new baby is wonderful!


8 comments:

peggy said...

She is so beautiful. I hope we will hear all about her as she grows and lots of pictures.

linda m said...

Congratulations on your new grandchild. What a blessing. God bless you and your new grandchild.

Carol Z said...

Congratulations! No better way to spend time. Happy and healthy wishes to your sweet little one.

jack69 said...

That family of yours does not stop growing. Wonderful.
Yep we all have 24 hours a day. some know how to use it. I wish I knew better myself.

Love from Florida...

TARYTERRE said...

What a beautiful picture of grandma and the newborn.

betty said...

Congrats to mom and dad and family on the new arrival! Adorable picture of you two, Ma!

So agree about time; it is up to us to manage it well the days and years the Good Lord gives us.

betty

Barbara said...

Congratulations - 19! How Blest.

Melanie said...

So cute!!!


Melanie