It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 21, Book 13




The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves. 

Garth Henrichs 


Don’t wait until everything is perfect before you decide to enjoy your everyday life….

I don’t know about you, but I spent many years before I learned contentment, and I believe there are many others who struggle as I did trying to find it.  I found out that a person who can only be satisfied when there are no disturbances in life will spend a great deal of time being discontented. I finally learned to be content while you are waiting for what you want or need.

I can’t count all the times I’ve said something to the effect… I’ll do it when my children are grown so I’ll have more time; or I’ll do it when I get a promotion because I’ll be in a better position it give; or when I get a better education I’ll be better equipped to handle the task; etc? Too often we put off the important things because everything is not just perfect around us.  So often we want things to be just so before we’ll make a move.

I think I spent half my life waiting.  I waited to grow up, I waited to get that first job, I waited until I was married, I waited until I had my 1st child, I waited until the kids were grown, and then all of the sudden life took over and proved to me that there would be no more waiting, the time was now.

If you are waiting for the perfect moment – stop! Take the moment and make it perfect!  Every day may not be good but there is something good in every day!

My Thankful List - Day 21

1151. for the fact that there have been more hello’s in my life than good byes
1152. for another new life coming into the world, grandchild #19 due today
1153. for all parents, they have one of the best jobs in the world



Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.


Dr. Suess

3 comments:

linda m said...

There is no perfect moment, so we need to stop "waiting" and just jump in with both feet and a lot of faith. God bless you.

betty said...

So true all you said, Ma. It is good to seize the moment so to speak and not wait until there may be a better time. It goes along with something I was reading in a book this morning. We want God to change our heart, we pray for him to change our heart, but then we don't do the work that might be required to do so, like for instance we want to be more patient, but we don't try to develop that habit. Make sense?

betty

TARYTERRE said...

True, indeed.