It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 17, Book 13



In all the universe, in all time, you are the only you. 
Never have molecules come together exactly like you,
never again will your footsteps be repeated upon this earth. 
Your strength is the strength someone can count on, 
your life is the life that can make a difference.

Author Unknown

There are times in all of our lives that we’ve wished we were someone else.  Someone else that has or does things that we’d like to have or something we’d like to have done. But when it comes right down to it, I think I’m glad just to be me.  I don’t have a lot but I do enjoy what I do have.  

Each one of is special in our own right and being someone else wouldn’t make us a whole lot different.  If I had the things that some do, I probably wouldn’t know how to act.  I’d be uncomfortable with having  someone else clean my house.  I know people that do have cleaning people come in and I also know some who clean homes for others too.  For me that just isn’t the thing.  I have the time and the will to do it, but others don’t.  

We are all different, that is my point…Not what we do or have.  If we were all alike it would be so boring.

We need to take time just to be thankful for who we are.  We are a gift from God.  A treasure untold.  We are so amazing!  Too often we don’t appreciate the treasures we are.  

My Thankful List - Day 17

1139. for people who think that character is better than popularity
1140.  for having finished the 1st of my Christmas  craft projects
1141. for having a warmer day to get outside and rake leaves

There are times when life isn't all you want, but it's all you have. So what I say is: Have it! Stick a geranium in your hat and be happy!

Author Unknown

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I think some of the most contenet folk on earth are the ones who like themselves,and are happy in their own heads......

betty said...

So true, Ma, to take time to be thankful for who we are and that we are a gift from God :)

Glad you got the first of your Christmas projects completed@ I'm sure that is a good feeling!

betty

linda m said...

I am a gift from God and I am happy I am who I am.

Jean said...

I'm like you MA I'm happy with what I have and wouldn't want to be anyone else. It has turned off warm here and we do need to get some yard work done our yards look so bad with all the leaves and pine straw. It's been cloudy today I hope it's a sunny day tomorrow, take care. Jean

TARYTERRE said...

Individuality is what makes us all special.