It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 16, Book 13



The Parable of the Pencil

The Pencil Maker took a pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. 

There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil, Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil.

Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside.

And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

We all have a purpose…

Someone once reminded me, The average pencil is seven inches long, and the eraser is only a quarter of an inch long - just in case you thought optimism was dead.

There is much we can learn from everyday things like a simple pencil

Pencils come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Just like people. No matter what they look like on the outside, they all have one thing inside them that is the same: the lead core. Just like we all have a soul.

Pencils are made to write. That is their purpose. That purpose is only accomplished when there is a guiding hand around the pencil. We also were made for a purpose and I don’t think there is much of anything I could accomplish without that guiding hand.

Pencils have erasers in case of mistakes. God allows us to erase our mistakes. Pencils need a sharp point and we need to remain sharp.

I am thankful for stories and parables about life that make me think.

My thankful list - Day 16

1136. for DDIL #2, a very special gal!
1137. for celebrations near and far
1138. for my good cup of Maple Sleigh coffee this morning


No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers. 

Author Unknown

6 comments:

linda m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
linda m said...

Thank you for the story about the pencil. It made my day. Blessings

jack69 said...

I have never read that analogy before. THANKS.... I love something that becomes an Object lesson.
You hve done well.

JeanJournal said...

(( a totally 'unique' post today ma~~~love it!~~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun0 ~~~I might print this one and frame it~~~ah! a lesson from the lowly pencil~~~I read and write all the time~~~my hobby I suppose

betty said...

I hadn't thought of a pencil like this before with the eraser being so much smaller than it. I like the Parable of the Pencil too. A good life lesson in such a simple tool we often take granted.

betty

Rose said...

Loved this story about the pencil!