It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 15, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 15, Book 13


The  snow here this week, yesterday it warmed up a little and now most of it is gone.


Old times never come back and I suppose it's just as well.  What comes back is a new morning every day in the year, and that's better.  

George E. Woodberry

There are days I think how can I possible give up one more thing.  So much has already been taken from me.  How can I bear the weight of one more cross?  

The best way I know is to try to find the joy in life no matter what the circumstances...

Things are always going to change and if you don’t know it now, you will in time…nothing lasts for ever.  Whether it is something good or something terrible…nothing is going to last forever.

This too shall pass.

So today I’m thankful for changes in my life.  Sometimes they make me more and more thankful for what I’ve had and sometimes they make me grateful for what is to come. 

My thankful list - Day 15


1133. for good things to do and to say
1134. for a furnace that is still working and keeps on running, it’s been terribly cold here
1135. for old movies, they are sometimes the best


Today is the last day of some of your life. 

Author Unknown

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Old movies.....Yes!!

linda m said...

Excellent post today. this is how I feel somedays. Blessings and have a great weekend.

jack69 said...

Quote by Woodberry is on the spot. I like your comments about nothing lasts forever, good or bad. Life is different if you I can just concentrate on that.
THANKS

We have rain and 69 in Florida...

TARYTERRE said...

Praying for an old furnace here too.

betty said...

I too have come to the conclusion that "this too will pass" because it does until the next crisis/tragedy/sadness whatever but that's how our lives seem to be with the different season swe go through. Always thankful for a furnace that works as we slip from fall into winter!

betty

JeanJournal said...

((I'm thankful to be home~~~and for Kathy coming by and that I now weigh 104 instead of 181 several years ago~~~I have an electric heater in each room that are 46 years old~~~still keeping me warm!~~~Yesrerday I put on FB ( He said I'M RIGHT! and she softly said~~~Turn out the light~~~and that ended the fight~~~ ;)~~~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun