It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 13, Book 13


I was walking along, minding my business, When out of the orange colored sky, Flash, bam, alacazam, Wonderful you came by…

Lyrics by Nat King Cole

What we do does make a difference. I remember an old story about three friends, none of whom could swim, who were in a boat. When they got out to the middle of the lake one of them took out a drill and began boring a hole in the bottom of the boat. The other two shouted, What are you doing?

Mind your own business, said the one with the drill. I'm drilling this hole beneath my seat alone. It has nothing to do with you.

But, shouted the other two men, we are all in the same boat!

What a true and important statement, We are all in the same boat. Our boat is this wonderful earth God has given us to live on. What we do does make a difference and what we do can be good or bad for everyone else

There are times that we just cannot mind our own business.

There are other times I think that we’d be better off if we thought more about what we do than what others are doing.  So many times I have all I can do to keep my own self on track, let alone what other are doing.

None the less I’m very thankful for all the wonderful YOUS in my life.  Because there are so many people in my life, I’m really never alone.  I may live by myself but I am not all by myself.

My thankful list - Day 13

1127. for our little sweet sugar AB, what a wonderful 1st year she’s had!
1128.  for the camera on my phone, I couldn’t find my charger for my camera so it made do just fine
1129.  for a houseful of little ones playing together, what fun they had!



In a world full of people who couldn't care less, be someone who couldn't care more.  

Author Unknown

9 comments:

linda m said...

It is true - what we do does affect others. Also how we act towards others affect them. Great post today. thank you for being my "online friend". blessings

jack69 said...

Some of us cannot help but think of others, I glad I at least try, in a world of I and me and seldome WE!

betty said...

AB is so adorable! So true that we are in the same boat; I do love our captain of the boat too! I'm thankful for you too, Ma; you always give great advice and uplifting posts!

betty

Rose said...

It is always good to think of others safety as well as are own.

Carol Z said...

So cute. What a sweet little one. I steer my little boat and need to remember that there are lots of other boats in the sea who may need a hand from time to time.

TARYTERRE said...

What a precious little girl. ENJOY her. So true, we're all in the same boat.

Jean said...

What a beautiful little one. I always look forward to reading your great advice, and to be an online friend.

JeanJournal said...

(((( a little more 'we' and a little less 'I' ~~~ a little more laughs and a little less cry ~~~ helps me enjoy life MORE...Jean(Rome Ga girl living inRome Ga )))

JeanJournal said...

OOPS! living in Calhoun NOT Rome Ga Jean(Rome Ga girl (spent my young days there and my heart stays there~~~fromJeanpoem on my blog...the verses go on & on & on....)trying to correct my error IONL