It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 12, Book 13


Would you sell both your eyes for a million dollars... or your two legs... or your hands... or your hearing? Add up what you have, and you'll find that you wouldn't sell it for all the gold in the world.

Dale Carnegie, 1888-1955

There are so many things in my life that are worth more than all the gold in the world.  Money can not buy the things I treasure and hold dear.

I truly believe I’m probably the richest person in the world.  I’ve been given so many cherished gifts and believe me, I am thankful for them.  Just to see my grandchildren’s eyes sparkle and twinkle is a picture worth more than any Mona Lisa.

I am not good at all at expressing all the wonderful things that my heart hold dear. So often I get overwhelmed with the feelings of love and affection that I’ve been blessed with.  

My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants.  

J. Brotherton

If someone were to ask me what I want or need, I’d have to say I’ve got it all.  I’ve everything I could ever possibly have.  No I don’t have a lot of money, I don’t have a fancy house, I don’t drive a new car.  But I don’t need those things and appreciate the fact that I’ve not been given them .  Possibly we could all want a little less and give a little more. 

Did you notice that today is 11/ 12/ 13?  I guess that makes it pretty special.  It's not often that our month, day and year follow in consecutive order.  Hope you all have an extra special day!  

My thankful list - Day 12

1124.  for DDIL#1, whose winning smile and caring ways have made her a special member of our family
1125. for a family that are also friends
1126. for friends that are like family


I am grateful for what I am and have. 
My thanksgiving is perpetual... 
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. 
No run on my bank can drain it 
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.

Henry David Thoreau


7 comments:

linda m said...

You sound very much like me. I have everything I could want. I don't need material possessions as I have God's love and the love of my family, relatively good health, a roof over my head, food in my belly and clothes to wear. God has blessed me. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I tell you what - I am with you - I may complain , but what in the world would I trade off? Would I trade my life my problems for someone else's? NO.

sandie

JeanJournal said...

((( every POST from Ma is sweeter than the day before~~~Oh what a blessing you are!!!!!!!~~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun ))))~~~and I ALSO ENJOY EVERYONE'S COMMENTS~~~

betty said...

I did notice today's date, it is neat! I'll have fun typing it all today for sure!

We can't take material possessions with us when we die, yet people want to accumulate more and more of them. I'm with you, Ma, I'm thankful for what I have; I don't need any more (except more of Jesus of course :)

betty

jack69 said...

You are so right. The quotes are perfect and your insight makes me smile. What we HAVE is MOST valuable.

Love from Florida,

TARYTERRE said...

Like the Brotherton quote.

Carol Z said...

The quote is great. Grateful for all that I have and today I am especially thankful for my blog buddies, near and far.