It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 01, 2013

Chapter 11, Page 1, Book 13



My November Bucket List. 

What is a bucket list? 

It’s a list of things a person wants to do before they 'kick the bucket’.

At the start of every month my question is always the same: Where has this year gone?  When I think about the month of November, I usually associate it with being thankful. After all, it’s the month when we celebrate Thanksgiving and remember what we are thankful for.

This November is not unlike a lot of other Novembers for me and my family.  I'm really looking forward to sitting around our dining room table with my family on Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I pray that we remember this daily!

More than anything being thankful is what November is all about.  And I plan to make the most of this November.  I may do some of the things on the list above, but most of all I want to be thankful and share what I’m thankful for.



I’ve been counting 3 things every day for the past year and here is what I’m thankful for today.

1091. for November, the month that reminds us to be thankful.
1092. for family celebrations that bring us together
1093. for each day as it comes

There is always always something to be thankful for.

7 comments:

linda m said...

Blessings to you.

jack69 said...

yes you are right. There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for. We do miss the family get togethers being on the road, but are thankful that the ones back home still do it.
We are always thankful for out health.

betty said...

I like your November bucket list, Ma. Those are great things to try to get done this month and I know you'll accomplish a lot of them, especially in being thankful :)

Yep, we do have a lot indeed to be thankful for!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I'm thankful I got to post a new blog entry today. Been busy around here. BUT you are so right about family time.

Chatty Crone said...

I have had a nice October, but I am ready for November and Thanksgiving too. sandie

JeanJournal said...

((((((( Ma, thank you for your daily inspiration in your blog~~~and I'm thankful that I am healthy, taking no medicine, seeing no doctor, feeling good here in my own home, and LIFE IS SWEET FOR ME THESE DAYS! )))))))~~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun~~~My three children are 60~~~ 57~~~51~~~and I think they are the BEST BLESSING! to me from the LORD!~~~who walks with me, and talks with me, and tells me I AM HIS OWN!~~~

Hollie said...

Yes indeed ALWAYS something to be thankful for!!