It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 9, Book 13




A smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement. 
It brings rest to the weary, 
Sunshine to those who are frowning, 
And hope to those who are hopeless and defeated.
A smile is so valuable that it can't be bought, 
Begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will. 
You have to be willing to give a smile away 
Before it can do anyone else any good.
So if someone is too tired or grumpy to flash you a smile, 
Let him have one of yours anyway. 
Nobody needs a smile as much 
As the person who has none to give.

Dale Carnegie

Doing what is good for you…

We all want to make the best choices about what to do.  Every decision we make is going to affect us and those around us too.  

I have a list of things I want to do every day that mean the most to me. One of the best I've found is that laughing  is very good for you and I try to do it often

I also love reading.  It is part of my daily routine

No day would be complete with out prayer and I do that often, both for myself and others.

To look for the bright side of life is also part of my daily routine.  Not every day is going to be a good one, but every day has something good in it.

Hugs are also good things, I don't get or give one every day because I live by myself, but when I can I like to get and to give hugs

Being creative is also good for you.  That is something I can do every day.  Whether I paint a little or get busy in the kitchen and cook up something good, or write a note to my friends and family, I can create a little happiness every day.

Sharing is also a good thing.  I love to share and do it often.  Sharing a poem, a quote, or a recipe is fun and we all have something we can share.

There's so much good to do that it makes me wonder why some folks choose to do anything else. 

It's good when the good things you do enhance you life and others lives as well.


I Know Something Good About You


Wouldn't this old world be better,
If the folks we meet would say:
I know something good about you,
And then treat us just that way!

Wouldn't it be fine and dandy,
If each hand-clasp warm and true
Carried with it this assurance --
I know something good about you!

Wouldn't things here be more pleasant,
If the good that's in us all
Were the only things about us
That folks bothered to recall!

Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If we'd praise the good we see!
For there's such a lot of goodness
In the worst of you and me.

Wouldn't it be nice to practice
This fine way of thinking too;
You know something good about me,
I know something good about you!


Author Unknown 

7 comments:

Kath said...

It's been a while since I visited Ma,but I have enjoyed every word you write as always.It's good to smile,it's good to give too I love giving and it's good to hug,I agree with all you say here.Have a great Wednesday.Sending you a great big ((((HUG))) over The Pond today.Enjoy your Wednesday whatever you have planned.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

linda m said...

I love your poem today and the idea of "doing what is good for you". Great post. Blessings

jack69 said...

A positive attitude like you have is always refreshing and always gives a lift to the morning or evening according when I get here. Lovely thoughts Yours, Dale's and the anonymous one.
THANKS

Jean said...

I think the way you do MA. It brightens my life to get a smile and a hug, yes I'm a hugger. Lol.
I love the poem, and a great post as always. Jean

TARYTERRE said...

I love the Dale Carnegie quote. So true about a smile.


betty said...

I like your list, Ma, of things you want to do every day that you enjoy. All of those things are good ones too; I might "steal" that list myself to incorporate into my daily routine; I do some of them, but not all of them.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I have read most of Dale Carnegie's books. He had a lot of positive thoughts and ideas.