It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 8, Book 13




Faith is not without worry or care, but faith is fear that has said a prayer.  

Author Unknown

My devotionals this past week were mostly about faith and so today I picked out some quotes and then added my feelings on faith to share with you all.

Faith is like radar that sees through the fog.  

Corrie Ten Boom

With out faith I wouldn't have any hope and without hope, I'd have nothing.

To me faith means not worrying.  

John Dewey

 I think that faith speaks the language of the heart. It is an expression of hope that goes beyond the conscious mind. Faith is a gift but it can be shaken and there are times we have to hold tight and persevere to keep it. 

Faith makes things possible, not easy.  

Author Unknown

We are told if we but had faith the size of a mustard seed we could move mountains…I haven't had a mountain move for me, so I'm wondering what that says about the size of my faith…still I have been handed a shovel more than once. The seed of faith will germinate into great things wherever it is tended well. 

Faith is not about everything turning out okay, faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out. 

Author Unknown

Faith is believing the PROMISE is true.

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

LOvely quotes. I like the fog and radar one the best.

linda m said...

Great subject this morning and some beautiful quotes. Thank you and God's blessings to you.

betty said...

I do wonder about that scripture too about the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain, but I do know without at least an ounce of faith, I'd never get through some of the things we've gone though. All great thoughts of faith today Ma!

betty

Elizabeth said...

I love the quotes!

Chatty Crone said...

I love, loved that quote too!