It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 07, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 7, Book 13



Living One Day At A Time


Our lives are made up of
a million different ways.
Some are spent searching for
love, peace, and harmony.Others
are spent surviving day by day.

But there are no greater moments than
that life, with all it's joys and sorrows,
is meant to be lived one day at a time.
It's in this knowledge that we discover
the most wonderful truth of all.

Whether we live in a forty room mansion,
surrounded by servants and wealth,
or find it a struggle to manage the
rent month to month we have
it within our power to be fully
satisfied and live a life
with true meaning.

One day at a time we have that ability,
through cherishing each moment
and rejoicing in each dream.

We can experience each day anew,
and with this fresh start we have
what it takes to make all our
dreams come true.

Each day is new, and living
one day at a time enables us to truly
enjoy life and live it to the fullest.


Author Unknown



Watching the leaves falling always reminds me that when I take just one day at a time, I enjoy it more. It's a whole lot better when I don't try to solve all my problems at once.

Day by day the leaves change colors. Each day brings a little something new.  Then all of a sudden the trees are bare.  So like a little leaf, I'm hanging on and enjoying right where I am.

One day at a time it's easier to stay focused and to complete a few tasks, rather than to be inundated with a formidable list.  You don't get overwhelmed when you take one day at a time.

Sure, I think about the future and make plans for it, but the fact remains that we still have to get through the day that we're in right now. Sometimes right NOW is all that matters.


5 comments:

jack69 said...

Ah Ma, this hits home, thanks:

....but the fact remains that we still have to get through the day that we're in right now. Sometimes right NOW is all that matters....

very deep thought!

Carol Z said...

At the end of the day I always try and remember that I get a new day to start over in the morning and can pick my priority every day again. Have a magic Monday!

Chatty Crone said...

I think living one day at a time - also keeps your worry and stress more in control as well.

betty said...

Good philosophy to live one day at a time, Ma. I try to, but I'm always thinking ahead of myself, LOL :)

betty

JeanJournal said...

One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking of you
Lord, give me the strength to do every day what I have to do
Yesterday's gone,sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine And so for my sake, help me to take one day at a time Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun(MAY GOD BLESS US ALL ~~ONE~~DAY~~AT~~A~~TIME