It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 3, Book 13





Travel Log - Entry 8

With the arrival of an absolutely beautiful October day, I was able to get out on a very nice day trip and travel along Ohio's Coastal Trail for at least a few miles.  As if Lake Erie were not scenic enough, the 293 mile Lake Erie Coastal Ohio Scenic Byway offers beaches, state parks, preserves, lighthouses, vacation islands, quaint villages and big cities.  This Byway has shopping fishing, birding, hiking, boating, camping, touring and exploring, a truly scenic byway with something for everyone.

The Lake Erie Coastal Trail was added to the federal government's National Scenic Byways Program when the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) designated the Trail as one of 125 National Scenic Byways across the United States. The Trail was dedicated during a ceremony in Washington D.C. on September 22, 2005



Driving along the shoreline is always a special treat for me as I do love the beach and I doubt whether there will be as nice of day as yesterday was for a long time to come. We made a trip to the Marblehead peninsula to see the Marblehead light house

.

 I expect we'll travel this trail many more times as there are plenty of other places along the route we've yet to see, so don't be surprised to see a sequel to this post sometime in the future!  Next year I'd love to do the whole length of it which is about 293 miles.  It'll take more than one day to do it as there is so much to see along the way.




Hope you all enjoy the pictures today of my trip to the coast.  The shore line of Lake Erie is just beautiful.



7 comments:

linda m said...

Love the photos. My two favorite are the picnic table under the tree and the last photo of the lighthouse. Blessings

jack69 said...

Thanks for taking us along. I love travel and along a coast line is ALWAYS a treat. Hope to see that area one day.

Love from North Carolina

JeanJournal said...

SO GLAD you had a day of riding and seeing some beautiful places, We all need a break and get out of the house for awhile. My daughter, Kathy, drove me over to a store for some groceries yesterday and we went by a house that we used to live in when the children were young (brought back memories and happy times)~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

betty said...

Looks beautiful Ma! Truly a gorgeous day to do something like this. I do hope you get to see more of that 293 miles to share with us!

betty

peggy said...

I look forward to seeing more miles, so glad you are close enough to enjoy it often.

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed our trip - I love light houses. sandie

Jean said...

I've enjoyed the pictures of your trip, thanks for sharing them with us. I love getting out on a beautiful day. Take care. Jean