It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 29, Book 13


So it begins.

J R R Tolkien

With the end of October in sight there will be some new beginnings.  The holiday season in all of it’s glory will be beginning.  I was out and about last week and just happened to find a few things that seem to signify the start of the holiday season for me.    Feiner Gewürz Spekulatius have been holiday favorites for a long time.  Often called windmill cookies, the cookies are known for their classic crunch and burst of flavor and spice. They're a fine accompaniment to seasonal entertaining.  

And Testori Panettone bread is delicious.  Filled raisins and fragrant candied fruits, in a soft naturally leavened dough: a long series of kneading and rest periods makes this Panettone unmistakably light and fragrant.





Plus I got a box of Cellas, cherries covered in dark chocolate.  You don’t see these things offered in the stores any other time of year.  For me it is a tradition to keep them in the house and have them ready should company appear  or just for a delicious snack for me. 



And so it begins… 


6 comments:

Rose said...

I'm familiar with both the cookies and the Panettone bread. There is always a box of Cellas, cherries covered chocolates in my Xmas stocking.

jack69 said...

I am not familiar with the treats, but am familiar with the feeling you have expressed, which is even more important .

Of course now, if I see them in a store, I will have to try them(smile).

betty said...

I'll have to look for these treats, I too am not familiar with them. But they do sound yummy! I also know the holidays are approaching when I see eggnog on the dairy shelves :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I have to admit I have never had any of those - they look interesting - I will have to check. Sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Those look delicious. I'll have to see if I can find any around here.

JeanJournal said...

Ah yes ma, rhose do look good. I have to buy a box of chocolate covered cheeries and I only want them at this time of the year ~ my mom always baked a Japanese fruit cake(wish I had the recipe)~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun