It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 28, Book 13



Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
you shall begin it serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here we are with another new week ahead.  A week to make it the best we can.  When I open my computer each morning I look forward to reading the meditations for each day. Not only do I get a message that guides or uplifts me during the day but I also have a little fellowship with others all over the world.  This is important to me since I live by myself and with the internet I’m not so alone.  I have a chance to pray for the circumstances of the others, for their bereavement, struggles of faith, or rejoicing.  It’s like we have a wave of prayer going around the world.  

More and more I read on line rather than to open a book.  When I do read a book it is on my Kindle.  Where I used to open up my daily devotional and read in the early morning, now I’m on line in one form or another.  I still sip my good coffee like I used to while I read , but even that has changed as now I get a fresh cup every time by using my K cup coffee maker.  I can ever get a different flavor with each cup if I want to. 

 So much has changed but one thing remains true, maybe two, and that is the fact that I need my morning devotional time to start the day off right and I need others in my life.

I think I tend to get to self centered with out the interactions of others.  I do have a big family, but for the most part my days are spent alone and I’m so thankful that the internet helps to keep me connected.  

It is in the shelter of each other that the people live. 

Irish Proverb

9 comments:

linda m said...

I know exactly what you are saying. Without the Inspirational Word every morning my day would not be complete. Most of my friends these days are online. Have a wonderful day and May God bless you.

Chatty Crone said...

I love your pumpkin.

I have that quote on a magnet and have the magnet in my bathroom that I can see every day. sandie

Carol Z said...

The internet is great and I am so happy to have my friends all over the world. I do know that there are times I realize I need to get myself out more now that I'm not working. I'm working on the balance of being out and socializing and enjoying my own company at home.

jack69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack69 said...

Again, I like the Ralph Waldo prose, that one I have not read either. and yes we do merge into the internet in areas we never thought we would.

We hit the road again in the morning.
Love from Nroth Carolina...

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE those K-cups.

betty said...

It is different how things have changed with the Internet. When the pastor at church says to open up our Bible, a lot of people will just look up the scripture on their smart phones :)

I think you have a great system with getting the devotionals online Ma. Great way indeed to start the day!

betty

Jean said...

Today was spent cleaning out the yard, and oh what a job it was. I enjoy my computer but days like today I don't have much time to get on it. Great post as always MA.

Weekend-Windup said...

Very good to hear inspiring words in the morning and starting the day.

Nice to pray for others in the world. Keep going.