It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 23, Book 13





No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. 

Aesop's Fables

It's not always the easiest thing in the world to be kind.  Somedays make me just want to groan, cry and whine.  I guess we all have days like that now and then, but when I'm down and out, being kind to others is often the best thing I can do for myself.

You know when you smile and compliment someone else you just can't help but feel good.  When you do a little something for others, it can make a big difference in your attitude.

Remember: no matter what challenges you might face today, continue to be kind to everyone you encounter.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. 

Mother Teresa of Calcutta

We don't have to do great things but it is the little things that add up to big things in our lives.  I don't want to be remembered as a grouch.  I hope that when someone thinks of me they remember that I love to smile!

Surely we can all be just a little more kind than we are.  No matter what kind of day we're having, we don't want to spoil someone else's day.

Without kindness there can be no true joy. 

Thomas Carlyle

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I could write a book - it is like throwing a pebble in a stream - you think the ripples have gone away - but it goes out forever.

jack69 said...

Truth, from MA!

Thanks, sending love your way!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

When I'm having a bad day... a kind word from someone else makes all the difference.

betty said...

I don't think anyone would remember you as a grouch, Ma. You are one of the most upbeat positive smiling people I know :)

betty