It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 20, Book 13




Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity. 

 Og Mandino

A better way to live...

One simple fact I’ve learned is that positive minds produce positive lives, but negative minds produce negative lives. Because I have known some people that were always criticizing others and never happy with anything, I do know what negativity can do to others.  They had all they could want, but were still not happy.  I don't know why people want to live like that.  There is a better way.

Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough. 

Og Mandino

Like most, I've had some bad things happen in my life, but I choose not to dwell on them.  The past is done and I'm living today the best I know how. I keep on looking for that bright side of life and think positively.  I'm a happy person and want to stay that way.  Life is always going to bring us some good and some bad, there will be some who disappoint us and others that will more than make up for it. 

Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson.

Og Mandino

When I googled a better way to live, nine out of 10 times, the name of Og Mandino came up so I'm choosing to share his quotes today.

Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence

Og Mandino

Choosing to find the good, the happiest, the wonderful things in life - that is the better way.



Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. 

Og Mandino

5 comments:

betty said...

Thanks for including these quotes from Og Mandino; never heard of him, but I do like his way of thinking, Ma. You are right, it is better to dwell on the positive than the negatives if we want to have a healthier perspective to our lives. Hope you have a great Sunday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I have never heard of Mandino either. But I LOVE the quotes.

jack69 said...

"positive minds produce positive lives", What a great line you have there, A WINNER!

Carol Z said...

Quotes are great. I dedicated my blog to counting my blessings and always looking for the positive. I think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made and has made the last four years much, much better. Wishes for a great week.

Chatty Crone said...

You know I love this one! Just tell negativity to go away!