It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 17, Book 13




A prayer

May there peace within you today.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you embrace endless possibilities that will always come your way.
May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
May you feel unburdened, free and energised by a sense of God in your life.
May you know that it's ok not to have it all worked out and that God will also help you work it out too!
May you treasure this day as a precious gift and be open to some surprise along the way.
May you finish today with a sense of gratitude, knowing you have done your best and that no more is asked of you.

Amen

I think that prayer is one of the most powerful ways we can use the words we speak.  Not just the words we pray but the thoughts and cares entrusted in those prayers.  There is not much I can do about a lot of situations, but I can pray.  When I pray for myself or others, I know that those words are being heard.  Knowing there is little I can do, I do what I can, and for me that is praying.


It has been said that,  Seven days without prayer, makes one weak.  That's the way it is with me.  I need to pray and it does give me strength.   Sometimes you hear someone say, We've done all we can.  The only thing we can do now is pray.  Prayer really should be our first resort rather than our last resort.

Remember the power of your words, especially when you pray.




5 comments:

jack69 said...

That comment by CS Lewis is ONE OF THE VERY BET!!!
Thanks for the reminder...

You have a great day, it is starting to get cool here in NC. (smile)

linda m said...

Prayer is the most powerful tool we have. And I know from experience it does work. Blessings

betty said...

True, Ma, that prayer should be the first thing we do. I've come to do that whenever faced with something, to quickly shoot of a prayer. So important the process of prayer indeed!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

There is power in prayer.

Chatty Crone said...

I love love love love that quote by CS Lewis. He is so totally right!