It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 15, Book 13




Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite.  Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance.  Everyone is just waiting.  

Dr. Seuss

Waiting is one of the hardest things to do.  Still most of us find ourselves waiting for something most every day.  It's especially hard to wait and do nothing.  Knowing when to wait and when to take action is difficult.  


Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch. 

E.B. White

If you want to take action because it gives you a feeling of control when the situation isn’t yours to control, your action might be a bad idea.  Acting as General Manager of the Universe usually just makes things worse.  When we are desperate for control, the best thing we can do sometimes is to calm down and see what else you need to discover about what you’re trying to do.

We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness . 

Author Unknown 

One of best pieces of advice I've seen is that the time to act is when you’re avoiding what you know you want to do because you’re afraid.  The time to wait is when you want to take action in a situation you can’t control.  It’s a good operating principle

We spend a great deal of time telling God what we think should be done, and not enough time waiting in the stillness for God to tell us what to do. 

Peace Pilgrim

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Quotes are good and your comments along with them make a good read. I am learning to stay busy while waiting. Strange to learn that so late in life. hahahaha

betty said...

I do agree, Ma, waiting can be hard, but acting on something we shouldn't be acting on can cause problems down the way. I wonder how often God shakes his head at me when I step in and take something in my own hands that he is perfectly capable of doing so much more better than me in his own timing.

Good thoughts for today!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Some times I wish my life away - I hurry for this and I hurry for that - then it happens. Some times I feel the time moves so slow and some times it goes so fast I can't believe it.

Sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Waiting is not my strong suit. I'm terribly impatient. But I know I shouldn't be.