It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 13, Book 13




Don’t cry because it’s over. SMILE because it happened. 


Dr. Seuss

There are lots of things that are over in my life.  I'm over the hill for one thing.  I've seen and done a lot in my lifetime. The memories of those times do make me smile.  I count them all blessings.  Not only the good but the bad too.  

I can smile because once I was married to a wonderful man.  

I can smile because I had a hand in raising 7 beautiful children

I can smile because I worked for many years, providing for myself and my family

I can smile because I had lots of pets, cats and dogs and even a parrot that provided hours of companionship 

I can smile because I have a cluttered home.  I have loads of pictures and momentos of days gone by.

Lots of smiles and lots of blessings are mine to keep and to be thankful for.  Just because things are over and done doesn't mean there won't be new things coming.  Each morning brings something new to add even more smiles to my life.



Count Your Blessings 
Poet: Unknown 

Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes. 

Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean. 

Count your health instead of your wealth;
Love your neighbor as much as yourself

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Another 'SMILEY' entry with soooo much good to say. Yes you do have a lot to smile about, somethings are worth taking some pride in also. That alone can bring YOU a great BIG smile.
Love it! You done GOOD!

betty said...

This was neat to read, Ma. I like how you listed how you could smile of things from your past. Good reminder for me to try to remember to smile of those things in my own life that lately I've been missing (kids' younger days, that sort of thing).

betty

Carol Z said...

Lots to smile about. I'm smiling because I'm out and about on a beautiful fall day. I can't ask for more. Wishes for a great week!

TARYTERRE said...

Smiles bring out the best in people, for sure.

Chatty Crone said...

I like to read all the things your smiling for - love the list.

Jean said...

I have a friend that lost her husband through a divorce and she had a hard time getting through it, but when you have seen her she was always smiling and so much fun to be around. Great post MA.

JeanJournal said...

LOVE IT! and some words from my poetry I write came to mind...SMILE God loves you! Why should you feel blue? Smile! God loves you! That's why a frown won't do. ( Keep SMILING dear lady )) ~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun