It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 10, Book 13



Pursue gratitude.  The grateful heart is like a magnet, sweeping over the day, collecting reasons for gratitude. Thank you, God.  Your lungs inhale and exhale 11,000 liters of air every day. Thank you, God. For the jam on our toast and the milk on our cereal, the blanket that calms us and the joke that softens us and the warm sun that reminds us of God’s love. Gratitude leaves us looking at God and away from dread. It does to anxiety what morning sun does to valley mist. It burns it up!

Max Lucado

I do love how Max Lucado words things.  He has such a great way of saying things that hit true to my heart.   Being grateful is a blessing.  

Even at the worst of times, I've always found things to be thankful for.  These are the things that make life worthwhile.  It does chase away the anxieties and cares that life can bring us.

I'm filled with gratitude for words that can inspire my soul.  

4 comments:

betty said...

Thanks, Ma, I needed this one today. I too enjoy how Max Lucado expresses things in his words used. I'm going to copy this out from him and paste it close to me to look at during the day. I need to get more of a grateful heart myself.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

This is funny - just finished the book Grace by Max - we did a bible study on him - he's a good honest man.

jack69 said...

Gratitude comes natural to some folk, other have to work at it. Either way it should BE.
I also like Max and his wording.
Love from here.

TARYTERRE said...

I like this one. So true.