It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Chapter 10, Page 1, Book 13



The real things haven’t changed.
It is still best to be honest and truthful;
to make the most of what we have;
to be happy with simple pleasures;
and have courage when things go wrong.

Laura Ingalls Wilder

With so many new things happening in our world all the time, it is good to know that there are still things that don't change. 

It is always comforting to know that there are still honest and truthful people in this world,  and the simple things in life are always the best.

I was reminded of this when our electricity went out yesterday morning.  There were no storms or anything to cause it, it just happened without any warning. It was off for about an hour and a half and thankfully came back on.

I'm glad it wasn't in the middle of winter, but happened on a pleasant fall morning.  It would not have been nice at all to have no heat when it would be cold out, but it was daylight and comfortable so for the most part life continued on as usual. 

My morning cup of coffee had already been made, but I did loose my internet connection as my modem needs electricity.  So being the good pioneer woman that I am, I sat and read a book waiting for it to come back on.

Truthfully, I am spoiled and love my every day conveniences.  I'm thankful for each and every one of them.

But like the book, there are many of life's simple pleasures that will never grow old or outdated.

5 comments:

linda m said...

Your post this morning says it all for me. Glad you didn't have to wait too long for your power to be restored. Blessings

betty said...

Glad the power outage wasn't too long, Ma, and the coffee had already been made :)

We do take for granted our conveniences, at least I do, until they aren't there, then we miss them so much.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Glad your power came back on. A good book always helps pass the time.

jack69 said...

Oh how sweet, this.
Love Laura's writing, intellect and wit. Good stuff.

Chatty Crone said...

We get so spoiled don't we? Glad the power went back on.