It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 8, Book 13





Whether one is twenty, forty, sixty, or eighty; whether one has succeeded, failed or just muddled along - life begins each morning! The greatest fact in life is that it is never too late to start again. Biography simply overflows with inspiring examples of this truth. However discouraging your days may have been, keep this thought burning brightly in your mind: life begins each morning!

L.M. Hodges

Look on the lighter, brighter side of life.

Looking out my window one morning I saw that to my right the sun was shining, and a few fluffy white clouds were passing by, the promise of a gorgeous summer day and to my left the clouds were dark and gloomy. That view outside made me think about the choices we have every day. We can look at the gloomy side of life, or we can focus on a positive attitude as much as possible. 

If we let ourselves dwell too long on heartache, sadness, and circumstances beyond our control , we will become sad and bitter people. These days are a vapor, a passing breeze. This will eventually pass.  Maintaining a sense of humor has helped me navigate life’s challenges.  If I am troubled or worried, I treat myself gently and lighten up. 

Rememeber:  take every opportunity to laugh, especially at yourself, because it will improve your health and you will enjoy your life much more.


This bright, new day... complete with 24 hours of opportunities, choices, and attitudes… a perfectly matched set of 1440 minutes.This unique gift, this one day, cannot be exchanged, replaced or refunded. Handle with care. Make the most of it. There is only one to a customer.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

linda m said...

I try very hard every day to look on the positive side of life. Somedays I am better at it than others. Blessings

betty said...

Having a positive upbeat attitude is always a good thing indeed. I do think I laugh a lot at myself, but you are right, Ma, it is good to laugh as much as we can through these days and our lives are just vapors, no matter how many years we might live.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Recently I've had trouble being optimistic. Good advice in your post to combat that.

Chatty Crone said...

I go through periods of times of looking up and then there are some times I feel down. Life goes around in circles....

jack69 said...

I m always blessed for stopping by. As I look back on the past years I tend to only remember the good. There are times I feel like I am HIS favorite, I am so blessed.
Thanks....