It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 7, Book 13




The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. 

Nelson Mandela

Getting back to the basics

Like most, I've had my moments of deep discouragement, but because the I was taught some very basic principals, I have to say, that I've been able to cross over those hurdles and move on.

Think about how flowing water finds its way around obstacles. The tallest mountain cannot block it. The deepest valley cannot contain it. Water persistently moves through the smallest cracks and openings. It evaporates and returns as rain or freezes and expands on land. In time, even jagged rocks are worn smooth by the flow of water.

In the flow of life, love always finds a way. Love can help people overcome the worst of situations in life.  Without love in our lives more and more we find ourselves doubting our abilities and we tend to give up too easily.

I know the best motivation in my life is my family.  There are a lot of things I've been able to accomplish because of them  I've also done some things I never dreamed of doing.  The power of love works in wondrous ways.

Love will always find a way!

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. 

Henry Ford

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Obstacles are there to be overcome. You're right love always finds a way.

betty said...

It is always neat to have a supportive loving family. I know someone who says love always wins, and it does, as well as finds a way.

betty

Carol Z said...

Love finds a way. I actually find it easier to persevere as I get older. I overcome a lot and think of each latest challenge as a bend in the road. I don't know if I can keep up the optimism, but I'm going to keep trying. Wishes for a great weekend.

JeanJournal said...

I had a family (Mama~~Ed~~Ruth and me(Imogene)~~MY DAD JUST LEFT US ~~had a girl pregnant~~and with us it was one for all and all for one~~we were SO BLESSED by our mother who bubbled over with happiness ALL THE TIME. I try to be like her and~~JOY!!! brings the 'presence' of God~~so we must just press on in loving others and forgiving others who try to make us sad.~~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

jack69 said...

Strange you should post the quote by Mandela. You must admire that man. I was so glad he was released from the hospital. He is one fighter.

You do have a beautiful family and I am sure they were taught LOVE in word and example.

Good entry, as always. Thanks.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with Jack - I bet you have the greatest kids ever!