It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 06, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 6, Book 13




For you have something even better than time, better than money, and better than any valuable resource you can imagine. You have life, and the resourcefulness to make good and meaningful use of it all.

Ralph Marston


Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.

We all know how time flies by but when we make good use of our time the days are filled with so many good things that there should never be regrets for what wasn't done.  We should have only good thoughts about what we did.

When we make the best use of every moment time is never wasted.  Since I've retired I've found I have nothing but time on my hands.  Time to do just what I love to do.  That isn't to say I didn't make the best use of my time before, but I did have to work full time and even then, at work, time was always critical.  I did things at work that were required by my job, and I had to decide how and when things should be done.  Making good use of time is important no matter where you are or what you are doing

Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn’t spend half our time wishing

Alexander Woollcott

For me it is all about setting my priorities.  If work is a priority then we do need to make the most of the time spent there, but when we leave work, things like family times, our friends and even our time spent with God each day, take preference.  The truly important things in life need never be neglected when we spend our time well.

Too many try to over schedule their day.  They are like the doctors offices that are filled with people waiting to see the doctor.  I'm sure they always over schedule their office calls in case someone doesn't show up for an appointment.  So if we set too many goals for the hours we have, we'll never catch up…something will always be left waiting.

Don’t count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count.

 Unknown



8 comments:

linda m said...

God has become my top priority followed by family. Everything else doesn't seem to matter as much to me any more. Blessings

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Lately .... i find myself wasting to much time...ugh!! Oh wait..! Is reading really good books wasting time?

betty said...

I'm always fine tweaking my schedule and time, trying to find more of it, LOL, but I am trying to be cognizant of not wasting too much of it. I do try to make sure to give God the first part of my day in devotions and prayer and of course clock in for work when it is time. I do have regrets about past usage of time, but can only learn from it going into the future :)

betty

Jean said...

I worked most of my life and now at old age I can't seem to stop.Lol. I'm not into watching much on TV, but I like to read. A good post as always. Jean

Renegades said...

I try and remind myself to enjoy the moments for time passes and memories are what we have left of that time.

TARYTERRE said...

When I travel I have nothing to do but waste time. It can be relaxing.

jack69 said...

I get a good thought with every entry. The thing that jumped out was in the beginning:
"Regret for wasted time is more wasted time."

I had never thought of it that way.

Chatty Crone said...

I think once you ask for forgiveness it is given to you - and then you have to trust it is there.