It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 29, Book 13




Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study.  Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.  

Henry L. Doherty



Living is like an endless education, and I learn something new every day.   I learn by doing. I try what I have not tried before, and I take risks, knowing I may not always succeed. But I will always learn.


I can remember the relief that I felt after I graduated from school.  Little did I realize that the lessons didn't stop there.  Life is and always will be my best teacher.  I get caught up in wondering what new thing I'll learn today. 



There have been times too, that I've pursued learning. I've taken many classes on various subjects from Scripture studies  to art and the reason I've taken them is because I've wanted to learn more.  Not that I didn't already know something, but that I wanted more.



No matter how you learn, I think the important thing is that you never quit learning.




Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will.  

Vernon Howard

6 comments:

jack69 said...

TRue, THAT!

Enjoyed the read, always you find an interesting point. Good one...

Rose said...

I, too remember feeling relieved when finally graduating and no more books and homework!

Nice post!

betty said...

I do think if we continue to make an effort to learn new things, it does make life much more enjoyable. I too have taken a variety of classes over the years, enjoyed a cake decorating one we did a few years back (and eating the finished product was always fun :)

betty

Hollie said...

Great entry and so true!! There's always something else to learn!

linda m said...

Great post today.Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I love the quotes and true they hard. Some times it takes hard work to get ahead.