It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 28, Book 13





Besides the autumn poets sing,
A few prosaic days
A little this side of the snow
And that side of the haze...
Grand me, O Lord, a sunny mind,
Thy windy will to bear!

Emily Dickinson

The season of Autumn is a season of change.  We see it everywhere. Along with the changes in nature there are other changes in our lives that are occurring too.  Summer brought many more relaxing times with holidays and vacations and now our days are more routine and disciplined.  It won't be until Thanksgiving that we'll have another holiday to celebrate and for those that work, some time off to relax awhile.  

The days ahead are full of preparation for colder weather.  While it's nice that some can simply go south for the winter, here at my house I don't have that option.  There is yard work to do and the patio furniture and the water hoses have to be stored away, There will be lots of leaf raking. There's getting out the blankets that were put away for the summer, and for me changing the clothing around too.  Summer wear will be replaced with warmer clothing. 

It's up to me to find the good in every situation, even with lots of changes going on and  I've found that the best thing we can do for ourselves and sometimes the hardest, is to change our attitude right along with changing out everything else. Life is not about what happens to you but what you happen to do with it.

Autumn is the hush before winter. 

French Proverb

5 comments:

Rose said...

This was lovely.

betty said...

I like that Ma "life is not about what happens to you, but what you happen to do with it." That is very wise to say and also to live, which I believe is how you do choose to live your life.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

People think that spring means new life.
I think fall means death to the old and then new life.
Everyone looks at things differently don't they?

TARYTERRE said...

I like this.

JeanJournal said...

Through it all ~~(( I've learned to trust in Jesus I've learned to trust in God~~I've learned TO FEPEND UP ON HIS WORD no matter if it is FALL WINTER SPRING OR SUMMER~~I'm putting something on my blog every day THE ANSWER IS JESUS & TODAY pu a video of ANDRE CROUCH singing THROUGH IT ALL~had to listen to it 3 times LOVE IT! ~jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun