It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 27, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 27, Book 13




The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.

George Eliot

Those Golden Moments….

Life offers many free moments of happiness, what I like to call those golden moments, and instead of focusing on things that cost both money and peace of mind, I'm doing the best I can to focus on those free moments we wouldn't trade for anything.

We've had some really beautiful fall days here this week and each one of them have been golden.

The mornings start of cool, but warm up wonderfully during the day.  I have even turned the oven on to bake things I haven't had since the summer days got too hot to do so.  The smells of cinnamon and spice are rampant though out the house as I've been burning my scented candles that cast off a golden glow when evening comes.  And evening has been coming much sooner than it was.

I don't want to let any of these golden moment slip by me.  I hope you all are enjoying many golden moments too.  Focus on the beauty of fall and have a golden weekend!

5 comments:

linda m said...

Golden moments are the best. Blessings

Hollie said...

I'm enjoying a golden moment this morning!! I'm off work, the coffee is good, apple pie candle burning and it's cool!! That's a golden moment indeed!! Have a great day!!

Carol Z said...

I haven't started using the oven again, but I'm thinking of a nice oven-baked potato and maybe a meat loaf. The weather here has been glorious, too. Have a great weekend!

betty said...

I like your term of golden moments. You listed a lot of them from this past week to make your days great ones. It is good to start back using the oven after the hot summer; we are doing the same and introducing new recipes which is a golden moment for me.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I love hearing about your golden moments. I have some too.