It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 25, Book 13




Things To Remember

I find what I look for in people. If I look for God, I find God. If I look for bad qualities, I find them. I, in a sense, select what I expect, and I receive it.

A life without challenges would be like going to school without lessons to learn. Challenges come not to depress or get me down, but to master and to grow and to unfold thereby.

In the Father's wise and loving plan for me, no burden can fall upon me, no emergency can arise, no grief can overtake me, before I am given the grace and strength to meet them.

A rich, full life is not determined by outer circumstances and relationships. These can be contributory to it, but cannot be the source. I am happy or unhappy because of what I think and feel.

I can never lose anything that belongs to me, nor can I posses what is not really mine.

To never run from a problem: either it will chase me or I will run into another just like it, although it may have a different face or name.

To have no concern for tomorrow. Today is the yesterday over which I had concern.

To never bang on a closed door: Wait for it to open and then go through it.

A person who has come into my life has come either to teach me something, or to learn something from me.

Author Unknown

There are days that my memory fails me.  I'm so thankful that I keep notes and mark everything down on my calendar.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I thought it was my day to watch one of my grandchildren so I got up early and got ready.  When the time came, no one came, so I checked my calendar.  Sure enough, it is next week that I watch him

Well, I was all ready to start my day much earlier than I usually do, so I'm thinking that was a good thing.  Maybe there is a good reason, I was meant to start my day early. Most of the time things to happen for a reason.

Even with my calendar handy, there are still times that I forget and its those time I really feel badly about.  Missed appointments throw everyone's day off.  What can you do except to apologize, make a new date and move on.

They say the two things that make us forget the most are stress and lack of sleep.  Not so in my case.  I'm rarely stressed and always get plenty of sleep. So really I have no excuse.  I'll just have to trust that,  whatever the reason, it was meant to be.

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

What would we do without calendars.

betty said...

I like that things to remember poem; great advice in it. I agree, what would we do without calendars? I'm sure the advantage of getting up early today was maybe a longer afternoon nap?

betty

jack69 said...

I must agree with TT & Betty. Calendars seem t keep our life in sinc, EXCEPT when we forget. I think it is becoming more often.......

JeanJournal said...

Great poem and I suppose 'forgetfulness' is telling us OUR AGE so we can take life a little slower and since I LOVE TO WRITE I jot down some things I'm planning to do ~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun ~~((( I AM LOVING BEING MY AGE~~and EVEN feel 'young at heart'))))

linda m said...

I love my calendar - can't be without it. I carry one in my purse so when I,m out I can check it before making an appointment. Then come home and sink it with my computer calendar which has reminder pop ups for me. I must be getting old. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I think it is true - seek and you will find - either bad or good!