It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 24, Book 13



They who are of the opinion that Money will do everything, may very well be suspected to do everything for Money.  

George Savile,

Is money my servant or am I a slave to money?

For the past couple of weeks my morning devotions have centered on money so I felt like I was meant to share just a few thoughts regarding riches with you all today.  

When it comes to living a life that is rich, we should know that it takes more than money. It has to include work that is meaningful and relationships that nourish.

The best way for a person to have happy thoughts is to count his blessings and not his cash.  

Author Unknown

When I think about being rich, I think about living a life full of love.  Loving means giving and I'm one who loves to give.  I have never had a lot of money and sometimes think that maybe that is because I'm not a good manager of it.  Money to me is only necessary to survive and provide things that I can give to others.  Mostly my giving is to my family, but I do set aside some for my church and for the poor.   I'm not wealthy, but I am rich

It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.  

George Horace Lorimer

I'm rich in family, in friends, in having all I ever really need.  I do have a lot to be thankful for and every day brings more and more gifts into my life.  So I do think that money is my slave, I hope to never be it's servant.

Money does not make you rich in the things that are important.  

The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.  

Author Unknown

7 comments:

linda m said...

Most people are slaves to money. Money can't buy happiness tho. I am rich in love and family and that is all I need. I have enough to keep me comfortable and pay the bills. I would trade all my money to be able to live closer to my son so I wouldn't have to travel so far to see him. Money also can't buy faith in God. that is a gift. Great topic this morning. Blessings

peggy said...

It goes farther if you use some of it to help others. What you said!

jack69 said...

Very good thoughts. I have known folks who loved money. They had 'THINGS' but the things that money could not buy eluded them.
Yes, I would say you are rich. I know that I am....

Hollie said...

So true!! I'm rich in the things that matter but not money wise either!!

betty said...

I so agree Ma with what you said about money. I rather have a little and share what I have than have a lot and not be generous.

betty

Carol Z said...

I have been blessed with many things that money doesn't buy and for that I am very grateful.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that last quote. So true.