It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 23, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 23, Book 13


 

The falling leaves drift by my window...

When the trees let go of their leaves in the fall, they remind us to unwind and let go of stress.  As we watch leaves fluttering to the ground in the fall, we are reminded that nature's cycles are mirrored in our lives. Autumn is a time for letting go and releasing things that have been a burden. 

It is hard to let go, even though there are times in life when it may be appropriate or necessary.  Life is always constant rhythm between gain and loss, coming and going; springing up and falling away, getting and giving. As the leaves fall and are swept away  we can allow unwanted thoughts and feelings to leave as well .

The leaves fall and the bare branches remind us of the fleeting nature of all things, that nothing lasts forever..  They also remind us to that the season of change is here.  By letting go of the old we can make room for the new.

The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. 

John Muir 

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the analogy of letting go of stress like the falling leaves. Beautifully said.

linda m said...

I find it very hard to "let it go". I do love your analogy of letting go of stress is like falling leaves. Sort of what they are teaching us in my Tai Chi class. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I like the way you said that the leaves falling from the trees are like stresses falling - love that.

sandie

jack69 said...

You always hit a homer. Good one. Just yesterday I noticed our leaves 'turning loose'.
Gonna remember this....

betty said...

Yesterday's message at church was about faith and letting go of things; I too like the analogy of the years falling from the trees....I'll have to remember that as I let go of things myself :)

betty

Hollie said...

Great entry!! I love watching the leaves fall so haphazardly to the ground!

Barbara said...

Letting go of the old to make room for the new makes a lot of sense.