It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 21, Book 13




Our brightest blazes are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks. 

Samuel Johnson 

It's true that you cannot start a fire without a little spark.  Matter of fact it's hard to start anything unless something sparks our attention.  Even our cars won't start without a spark.

The image of a spark is full of meaning and so symbolic. When we say we have lost our spark for life we are in a very difficult situation, there is no energy flowing in us and find no motivation to do anything. We need sparks to make us feel like singing and dancing.  Sparks that get us going.  

There are so many different kinds of sparks - a spark of kindness, of love, of support, of understanding, of comfort, of light, of hope, of meaning and so much more. 

Unexpected sparks in my life have almost blown me away with their intensity.  Little things are often the best of things.  Ordinary days can be the most wonderful ones.
 

A spark of kindness starts a fire of love. 

Author Unknown

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I love the unique subjects. This one does have a 'SPARK'. Also a very sweet meaning. I like it.
Thanks.

Carol Z said...

I know my days are rich when I can find happiness in the little details of life. Had lunch with two friends yesterday. We ate in a local diner, but so enjoyed catching up and spending time together. Hope you have a great weekend.

Chatty Crone said...

You know on the reverse side there can be bad sparks too - if someone throws a bad one in the place goes down too!

TARYTERRE said...

I love this idea of a spark.

betty said...

I like the sparks you listed, Ma, of kindness, love, support, etc. Those are the types of sparks I want to be spreading :)

betty