It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 20, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 20, Book 13




The first rule in keeping a diary or journal is that there are no rules. A way to organize, remember, and create, a journal says, I am.

Author Unknown

I always like to think of my blog as my online journal.  I record thoughts, words and events that have some significance in my life here on these pages.

Keeping a journal is recommended as a very good and healthy thing to do. Getting words down can help clear your head of thoughts and ideas that are creating a confusion. While there is some overlap in what we do from year to year, there can never be close comparisons because today is so much different from yesterday, the day before and every day in the past.

Just for fun, I thought I'd take a look back and see what I did write on this date in the past.

In 2011 I wrote


Every day is my best day; this is my life; I'm not going to have this moment again.

Bernie Siegel

We talk about the days that were just the best days of our lives and I often think the day I got married or had a baby were some of my best days.  But I've learned that every day can be the best day of your life if you choose to make it one.
The best day of the week is TODAY, of course. Yesterdays are lost forever, and we know only too well that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

I remember a story of a little girl who came running downstairs one morning, lighthearted as only a child can be. She rushed into the kitchen and noticed that her mother wore a grim expression.
Mommy, she said, aren't you happy?
Why certainly I'm happy, her mother replied.Well, said the little girl,
you certainly haven't told your face yet

Some people squander time and some people squander money and even more people squander both. That's just plain stupid. I've found that if you treat everyday as a gift,  you'll spend your time more productively. You begin every day with a blank canvas. You're an artist and you have complete control over how you spend the day. Grab your brush and start painting.  Ralph Waldo Emerson warned, One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year

The potential to live your best life starts with each new morning. With every sunrise, you can choose to approach the day with an attitude of faith and expectancy

While today will not be perfect, with challenges and distractions, it is up to us to make this day our own and leave our mark on it.  And so I have.  I've added a new page to this chapter of my life.

Looking back is fun sometimes, but it's today that is important!

7 comments:

jack69 said...

I have been in a learning process for many years. Somethings are hard for my mind t learn, YESTERDAY IS GONE, I do try to enjoy every day, because it is a day the Lord has made...

But I do catch myself thinking I would like to see my mom and dad and especially a sister. But they are in the past, and hopefully in the future. Good and thought provoking..

betty said...

How cute to go back and share what you wrote 2 years ago today, Ma. It is neat that your same theme comes through to be happy and content with what we have.

I do like keeping journals; I keep a paper prayer type of journal with things I learn from reading the Bible. I just am not sure what to do with them when I pass; I told hubby just to take them and burn them; not that there is anything "bad" in them, its just I don't think anyone can read my writing :)

betty

JeanJournal said...

The best thing to do when I wake up is SMILE and thinking of a cup of coffee and WATCHING THE SUNRISE and walking around outside, listening to the birds and BEING SO THANKFUL for another day. . . for EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL IN IT'S OWN WAY! AND UNDER GOD'S HEAVEN ~ THE WORLD'S GONNA FIND A WAY! (THE RIGHT WAY). . . of LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER. . . Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

Chatty Crone said...

You are always so positive and uplifting to or for me. I have to write in my grateful journal yet today. You are number 1.

TARYTERRE said...

My husband lives in the past or so it seems.

peggy said...

When I am away I miss so much. I get news and good recipes, flower pictures and spiritual encouragement from the journals of my blogger friends. It was rainy this morn and I was lucky to see a hummer, the coffee was good and I am thankful.

Barbara said...

This is the day that the Lord hath made, whatever day it is.