It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 17, Book 13





It’s better to be an optimist who is sometimes wrong
than a pessimist who is always right.

Author Unknown

I'll be the first to say that I'm not right about a lot of things.  There have been days in my life that I seem to make a mistake of some kind every time I turn around.

Still, I can't help but be optimistic. Every second of every minute is a chance to make a new beginning.  Every moment brings changes and each new moment is a gift of life.  To have life and the opportunity to make the most of every moment is a blessing

Taking advantage of every moment does not mean that we have to do things perfectly or to be right all the time.  It means not letting the small things bother us and loving the simple things in life.

Every day we come face to face with dozens of little choices, opportunities hidden in between all the moments in our lives and we have the power to choose whether to take advantage of each moment or to choose not to. Every opportunity is beautiful and unique.  Even though bad things happen, we can choose how we react to them.

I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour.  I dripped it carelessly, Ah!  I didn't know, I held opportunity.  

Hazel Lee

5 comments:

linda m said...

We all need to be more optimistic, especially me. It is something I have to work at on a daily basis. Pessimism is a trait I inherited from my father - thanks Dad. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh I have the same problem with my life - I am always making a mistake or seem ending up in a tight spot and I fell optimistic too - I have trained myself - I admit once in awhile I'm not - but I sure try like heck to be happy! sandie

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Love that final quote!

TARYTERRE said...

Optimism eludes me on a lot of days. But unfortunately I'm usually right about things. Love the last quote.

betty said...

It is true that we can choose how we react to things, whether they be bad or good in our lives. I'm learning (late learner here) to try to be optimistic even through the tough times; it does help immensely getting through those times.

betty