It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 16, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 16, Book 13




I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. 

Mother Teresa

Just the other day one of my DIL's said much the same thing to me.  She said, I know God isn't suppose to give us any problems we can't handle…but...  She's been having a lot of sleepless nights because her daughter is cutting teeth right now and not sleeping much at all during the night.

You never know what you've got until it's gone.  
Author Unknown

We don't think of how much sleep means to us until we don't get much.  Having had 7 children I know that sleepless nights are part of being a mom.  You learn to catch a nap or to sleep when they are sleeping if you can.

It would be wonderful if life had no problems, but along with death and taxes, I can say that problems are a part of life.

We learn to roll with the punches as much as possible.  Nothing is ever going to last forever.  I know with certainty that there is going to be a time in my DIL's life that she'll be looking back at this time of sleepless nights and wish that all her problems could be this simple.  

I know that I look back to the times my children were small and remember what carefree days they truly were.

With little ones the problems are small, when they get older the problems will get bigger. The older I get, I've found that there are no problems in life that our dear Lord can't handle.  He does a great job of taking care of what I can't.  I just put all my troubles in a basket and then hand them over to Him.  No matter what comes before and regardless of what follows, God is always there, always in the present. No matter when. No matter where.

God gave burdens, also shoulders.  

Yiddish Proverb

5 comments:

linda m said...

I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but right know I am so overwhelmed with a problem and some days it seems that I just can't go on. Then I read my Bible and remember that God is always there for me if I would just trust in Him. Thank you for your wonderful post today - I needed it. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

I like the quote from Mother Teresa. I can identify with it too.

jack69 said...

Ahhh the memories of times we thought would never end. Funny how wonderfully simple some of those problems were. Love this one. Much understanding here.

Great quotes...

betty said...

Your poor DIL; I know how hard it is to have to function with not a lot of sleep. I do think it is easier when the kids are young, though of course there is always the worry and at times sleepless nights, but the older they get, their problems seem to get bigger too (as you so wisely know). I too am thankful God is always there for us with big enough shoulders to carry all our burdens.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I have that quote by Mother Teresa on a little pillow I have. How true. sandie