It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 15, Book 13


When the goldenrod is yellow, 
And leaves are turning brown - 
Reluctantly the summer goes 
In a cloud of thistledown.

When squirrels are harvesting 
And birds in flight appear - 
By these autumn signs we know 
September days are here.

 Beverly Ashour, September




I was so taken by the abundance of wild flowers here that I had to share some pictures. They don't really do justice to how bright and beautiful it truly was. One of our family outings recently took us to a park for a family birthday celebration.  It was such a beautiful setting.    Nature never fails to delight and amaze me.  

I don't think I've ever seen a field of flowers quite like this one.  The brilliance was quite breathtaking.  We had use of a pavilion for the day and it was tucked back in a corner of the park for privacy too.  The only other people we saw were using the pathway through the field.  It was such a nice day that it did bring people out that were looking for some exercise and what a place they had to enjoy it all.

Now if you are an allergy sufferer, this might not be the place you'd want to be as along with the goldenrod there was also ragweed, which does cause a lot of problems.  Thankfully we all enjoyed the day and no one was forced to leave due to their allergies.

Fall is really becoming a reality here and part of fall is the beautiful colors we enjoy.  I'm thankful for such glorious days.  This is one picture I know I'll be putting on my desktop to see me through a lot of dark and dreary winter days.



7 comments:

jack69 said...

Love the children's photo's the seem so happy outside.
It seems to be a fact that we cannot catch the same beauty with the camera's eye as the real thing as we see it live and in motion.
Good thoughts and read.

Hollie said...

Awww, loved seeing the photo
s. Sounds like a great day!! Goldenrods and ragweed tear me up!! There's nothing like getting out and enjoying all of GOd's beautiful outdoors!!

Carol Z said...

We've got a little breeze in the air. Perfect sleeping weather last night and so sweet. Wishes for all the joys of the autumn!

TARYTERRE said...

What a lovely park. The children are so sweet and innocent amongst the flowers.

Chatty Crone said...

It is so beautiful out there and so clean and the kids looked like they are having such a good time. I wish I could go out more but my asthma kills me. sandie

betty said...

Good idea to have these pictures as part of your desktop Ma as you go into fall/winter. I bet it was real pretty in person! Thankfully I don't suffer from allergies so I know if I had a chance, I too would be enjoying such a field of flowers.

betty

JeanJournal said...

I'm enjoying these September days and the cool weather~So glad you have some family close by and you get to be with the grands and your children~THIRTY DAYS HAS SEPTEMBER~~AND THE MONTH IS HALF GONE~I have an acre to walk around in, and I love to rake leaves, and play with LUCY(Chihuahua who is spoiled rotten but so loving to me~or I sit in the swing outside and read or write a poem or just sing!~~LIFE IS GOOD IF (WE) make it GOOD!~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun