It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 13, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 13, Book 13




If you can recognize the need for improvement, 
things are already improving.

Author Unknown



Improvement:  something that enhances value or excellence

Almost everyone tries at one time or another to improve things.  We try to improve our lives, our health, our homes, our memory, our circumstances, and relationships.

We try to improve our performance in order to make the most of our time.  Many multi-task in order to get more done.  

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's just the age I am, but I've found that multi tasking is something I cannot do or at least I cannot do it and be successful.

I've been taking things one day at a time for quite awhile now.  Along with that, in order to improve anything I need to concentrate on one thing at a time.  If I try to do more than one thing at a time, I find myself doing only half a job and it takes me twice as long.  It may well be that the key to any improvement is to stay focused on your goal.



 Improvement begins with I. 

Arnold Glasow

In order to improve most any situation, I have to first start with myself.  If I don't have the right attitude, nothing is going to improve.  A positive attitude can improve your health and enhance your life.  Changing and improving our attitude can help us change the way we see and do things. A positive attitude can reduce tiredness, improve moods, and reduces anxiety.  


The biggest room in the world, is the room for improvement. 

Author Unknown

6 comments:

linda m said...

I find that if I don't take things one day at a time I "freakout". May God bless you

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great post....Attitude is the spice of life...!

betty said...

I do agree Improvements start with I; it is usually I that must change something in order to improve :)

I tend to multitask, but its probably the nature of the job where you got to check this, check that, be aware of this and that in the course of a report. I find myself doing that in other things around the house too. One thing I do have trouble with is taking one day at a time; I tend to look ahead more than I probably should.

Happy Friday!

betty

JeanJournal said...

One day at a time is about all I can handle ~ and I JUST ENJOY what I get done and hopefuly there will be a tomorrow to finish what didn't get done.NO MATTER WHAT~~DON'T WORRY~~BE HAPPY ~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

Love that room for improvement quote. I can't multitask either.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh if only people would understand that they have to look at themselves and see what they need to change.